Community Engagement & Coordination interns help with the planning and implementation of outreach strategies. They also assist in connecting people in the broader community by helping create sponsorship agreements and cultivating relationships with businesses, individuals, and other relevant organizations.
Community Engagement & Coordination interns must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player.
- Help maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Help prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities.
- Help nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community and educate employees on community responsibility.
- Help organize and prepare accurate records and reports on the goals of the fundraising plan.
- Help oversee a professional donor management system.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related fields.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.