AI in Healthcare: Research, Applications, and Challenges
Posted by Senti AI
April 22, 2020
Hosted by AI Pilipinas in its online meetup #15 last April 15, 2020, a panel of health professionals were able to discuss how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can impact the healthcare scene in our country today. With dedicated and applied insights, they were able to shed light on the many challenges of AI and how we can solve them.
Also check out DOH Partners with Google and Senti AI to Unify Nationwide Communications
Watch our very own Senti AI’s CEO Ralph Regalado moderate this discussion which opened up helpful perspectives of our panel.
Dr. Patrick Sylim
Project Manager and Consultant
Dr. Erwin John Carpio
Member, Subcommittee for AI
Philippine College of Radiology
Atty. Aiken Larisa Serzo
Prof. Julie Ann Salido
Aklan State University
Even with the resistance of implementing AI-solutions to the medical industry, modern technology is actively affecting the way doctors handle every case that they have. There are AI developments and applications being used, specifically for processing sources of data, which are not optimized to its real potential. Research and data privacy were discussed to maximize these data collection activities.
Included in the discussion:
AI and its Use Cases in Healthcare
- Advantages of real-time diagnosis featuring medical records is the best objective diagnosis there is.
- With the COVID-19 outbreak, AI was able to deliver news reports about the virus and prior predictions before it can spread worldwide.
- The relationship of correlation and causality, between AI and human medical professionals was discussed.
- Limitations of AI and how we can reinforce continuous learning to solve them.
- How AI will not replace people
Humans are more choice and explanation driven than AI. Doctors can observe and detect specific findings than AI can ever do. There should be an aim to use AI in augmenting laboratory processing and increasing the speed of managing systems.With its cost efficient and responsible integration to a medical system, AI and its solutions can provide assistance to doctors and nurses here in the Philippines.
- Intended and commercial use of data
- Accountability of the entities and hospitals
- Guidelines and restrictions of data cloud technology
- Deployment and subcommittees of AI
AI Applications in the Future
- Collaboration of the Philippine government and AI-inclined companies
- Modernized applications and file processing of AI in Healthcare
Our products used
Want to know more?
Get more details on what Voix is and how it can help your organization achieve better customer experience